CrossFTP Pro - WebDav Client
CrossFTP Pro is a powerful WebDav client for Windows, Mac, and Linux. CrossFTP makes it extremely simple to speed up the WebDav(s) and iDisk related tasks. It helps to schedule uploads, downloads, backups, and synchronize safely with easy, no matter whether you are a power user managing many WebDav servers or just a beginner creating his first site.
- WebDav support - (PRO) Manage WebDav files with easy!
- Mulitple WebDav accounts - manage sites in site manager.
- Batch Transfer - Perfect reliability guarantees trouble-free tasks.
- iDisk support - (PRO) Get files on iDisk faster than browser.
- Lock - Lock or unlock the resources.
- Previews with Zoom - Smoothly zoom and preview.
- Multipart download - (PRO) Make transfer fast and reliable.
- Edit Anywhere - (PRO) Edit any files in any app.
- Turbo Engine - (PRO) Multi-thread enigne speed up your work!
- Scheduling - (PRO) Put your transfer/sync tasks in plan.
- Local Encryption - (PRO) Encrypt your files before transfer!
- GZip Compression - (PRO) compress the data to save the bill.
- Password Encryption - Protect the security of your account.
- Search - Narrow a long list of files in your folder.
- Synchronization - (PRO) Sync local and server data visually.
- HTTP/Sock/FTP Proxy - (PRO) proxy and NTLM auth support.
- Unbeatable Price - powerful FTP, FTPS, SFTP, FXP, WebDav, Amazon S3, Amazon Glacier, and Google Storage client!
- and much more!
How to ...
Connect to WebDav site
1. Obtain your WebDav site's host, port, user name and password information from your WebDav Provider.
2. Create a new Site in CrossFTP, choose Protocol as WebDav/HTTPS, or WebDav, and fill in the host, port, user name and password information, as shown in the following figures. Sometimes you need to fill in the remote path of the WebDav site, e.g., /member_id, before you can successfully connect to the site. In case of any problems, please check your host provider about how to config the connection settings.
WebDav Hosting provider allows you to setup your WebDav service easily. Here are some sample providers for your reference:
- Dreamhost - FTP and WebDav host.
- Bluehost - FTP and WebDav host.
- Dump Truck - Giganews WebDav host.
- Box - Cloud and WebDav host.
- CloudMe - WebDav storage host.
You can use lock/unlock feature of WebDav to avoid conflict modifying of the same file. Your WebDav provider need to support this feature before you can use it. To do this, right click on the file(s), and select Lock/Unlock/Show Locks from the context menu to manage the locks.
- Client Side Encryption - this can be enabled for all uploads by Sites -> Site Manager -> Security -> Local Encryption for File Transfer -> Enable encryption. For more details, see this page.
To copy directly on WebDav server without going through local computer, you can open the source and target WebDav locations on left and right panels, and do the copy. Your server needs to support WebDav copy API to allow this to work.
Awards & Reviews
- "Powerful FTP client" - Dreamhost DreamObject.
- "It's a reliable app, the kind that extensively helps your work" - Mihai M., 5 Star Softpedia Editor's Review.
- Editor's pick - editor from BrotherSoft.
- Sun Cloud Storage Partner - JavaOne Show.
- One of "Best File Transfer Softwares 2009" - Eric G., PC Magzine